DAIRY FREE DESSERT!
So easy, SO SCRUMPTIOUS!
Makes: 12 Prep: 20 mins (+4 hours soaking, 3 ½ hours freezing & 15 mins standing time).
- 1½ cups (225g) cashews
- ½ cup (70g) pistachios
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 4 dates, pitted, chopped (if using medjool, start with 2 and add more to achieve the desired sweetness and stickiness/consistency)
- 270 mL can coconut cream**
- ½ mango, stoned, peeled, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbs coconut oil**, melted
- 2 tbs maple syrup**
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- Chilled Coconut Cream, whipped
- Chopped mango
- Frozen blackberries
- Place cashews in a large bowl. Pour over enough cold water to cover. Set aside for 4 hours or overnight to soak.
- Meanwhile, grease a 12-hole, 1/2-cup (125mL) silicon muffin pan. Place pistachios and shredded coconut in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the dates and process until very finely chopped and mixture is firm. Spoon evenly among the bases of the muffin pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 30 mins to set.
- Drain cashews and place in a blender with coconut cream, chopped mango, coconut oil, maple syrup, lime juice and turmeric. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Divide evenly among the bases in the pan. Smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer. Set aside in the pan for 5 mins before transferring to a serving platter. Set aside for 10 mins to soften slightly.
- Top with the extra, whipped coconut cream, extra mango and blackberries and serve immediately.
** These ingredients are not sold online, but are available in-store at The Full Pantry, Croydon.
—Recipe courtesy of Coles Magazine