NOTE: For an 8″ round tin, approximately 120 minutes (2 hours) baking time.
- 300g chocolate (or dark chocolate)
- 250g butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 120g pumpkin seed meal
- 175g sugar (or rapadura sugar)
- 5g muscat or port (optional)
Whisk to soft peak:
- 6 egg whites
- 75 sugar
- Prepare cake tin and preheat oven to 150C.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler then let cool to a warm temperature.
- Stir egg yolks into cooled chocolate butter mix. Combine 175g sugar and pumpkin seed meal together, then fold through chocolate mix. At this point add the optional muscat.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peak with sugar.
- Fold whites into the chocolate mix gently.
- Pour batter into tin and bake for around 120 minutes at 150C. Check cake with a knife – when clean, it is ready. (The cake may need to cook longer if you use a different size tin, just make sure the testing knife comes out clean and it will be ready).
- Cool cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmould onto sheet and dust with icing sugar.