Honey sold at The Full Pantry is not just your ordinary commercial honey. We primarily source our honey from Sticky Stucky Honey, a highly experienced and qualified apiarist.
All our honeys are Australian sourced and, where possible, Victorian.
Most honeys go through a heating process, particularly in the colder months, that is required not only to extract the honey out of the hives but also to keep it flowing in order to survive transport and allow for easy transfer to/from containers. All honeys received from Sticky Stucky have had extra care during this heating process as the more the honey is heated, the less the properties remain beneficial.
Most commercial honey is heated well above 100 degrees, which helps the honeys to stay as flowing as possible for longer shelf life. Our honey is “cold extracted” (the name for heating process used) and rarely heated up to 45 degrees, sometimes under 40 degrees. Remember that the temperature in the hive is similar to that.
Our honey is also 100% pure with no additives whatsoever.
During the warm months (late Dec – April), we are able to source raw honey and sell this on tap due to its flowing nature. Raw honey is honey that has not been heated at all during any stage of the process. Hence, all the properties that are originally found in the honey are intact, which has significant health benefits. Due to our preferred nature of selling honey, which is on tap and not pre-packaged, we do not stock raw honey in the cooler months of the year.
Here at The Full Pantry, we provide many types of honeys on tap in order for easy purchase and re-fill of your choice of honey. Fully stocked, we supply up to 7 or 8 different flavoured honeys at a time. You are free to taste-test honeys for your desired selection.
Please feel free to purchase our different sized containers in order to purchase your honey, or even better, bring in your own container for a re-fill.
For those hay-fever sufferers out there, we also supply local honeycomb which can have good effects on reducing the hay-fever symptoms. Due to the amount of honey we sell, we are not able to be supplied with enough local honey.
Now…. COMPETITION TIME!!!!
We challenge you to enter a competition to guess how much honey we have sold this year!! It is significant!!!
There are conditions of entry:
- You can either enter your guess in the comments below or in person when you visit the store.
- Email, or any other correspondence, will not be considered as a valid guess.
- You can only enter once per person.
- You cannot be a family member or associated to any current staff employed at the time of the competition! 😉
- Date of entry closes 22nd of December, 2017, at 5:00pm.
- The winner will be drawn on the 23rd of December and will be announced on a blog located on our website. So stay tuned to our website to find out the answer!! The winner will also receive notification either by phone, email or facebook message.
You will receive 2 prizes for winning this marvellous competition:
- 1kg of honey FREE per month for 12 months!!! (Pick up only)
- A $25 gift voucher for the store or café
Both items expire on the 22nd of December, 2018.